Trivandrum University College

Department of Hindi

oriental

Profile

Hindi Department of University College with B.A Hindi main was started in June 1951. The M.A Course of Hindi was started in 1957. Dr. K.Bhaskaran Nair (1948-1964) was the first PG Professor & Head of The Department. After that the following faculty members were the Heads of the Department. 

The Department is equipped with academic courses in Under Graduate (B.A) and Post Graduate (M.A) since 1951 and 1957 respectively. M Phil course was started in 1996. This is the only college among affiliated colleges under Kerala University having M. Phil Course.

Hindi Dept. Old Students Association was officially inaugurated on 12.12.2009 by famous Malayalam film actor Shri Madhu who was an alumini. Principal Dr. B.S. Mohana chandran was the chief guest. Dr. K. Sukumaran Alumini association secretary welcomed the gathering. Variety entertainments were also conducted on the occation.

A Manuscript journal named “CHIRAAG” was published on 22.03.2010. The research students took all the pain to give shape for this journal. Last year also the research students had published a journal of this kind namely “GAVAKSH” which is kept in the library. 


Former Teachers
Collabration
Other Highlights
Plan of Action
Research
Achievements
Thrust areas
Endowment
Projects Undertaken
Programmes
Resources
Courses