All Students of this college should possess Identity Cards duly signed by the concerned Professor and Principal. If the Identity Card is irrecoverably lost, duplicate Identity Card will be issued only after remitting Rs.30 to the Government.
- Students are not permitted to absent themselves without leave for the whole or part of a day.
- Absence without leave for part of a day will entail forfeiture of attendance for the whole day.
- Students absent from the college for more than fifteen consecutive working days without satisfactory explanation are liable to have his/her name removed from the rolls. A student seeking re-admission after such removal should pay the prescribed re-admission fee of Rs.10.
- Leave of absence should be granted by the Principal on the recommendation of the Head of the Department. As far as possible, the permission for leave should be taken in advance. If the reasons of application for leave are not clear or satisfactory, the student will be called upon for explanation or the leave will be refused. Exemption from attendance will not be considered, if the leave application is not in the prescribed form.
- Application for leave for a period is to be forwarded and granted by the teacher in-charge of the work during that period. In that case, an intimation signed by the teacher concerned must be forwarded to the office.
- Students who are obliged to leave a class owing to indisposition must obtain endorsement from the teacher in-charge of the class in support of their application for leave.
- Application for leave for more than three days at a time should be supported either by a letter from parent/guardian or by a medical certificate in case of illness.
- The minimum attendance stipulated by the University is seventy five percent of the total number of working days of the academic year. Exemption from shortage of attendance (subject to the maximum of 20 days) can be granted by the Syndicate on the recommendation of Principal, provided, leave is applied for and granted for such absence on satisfactory grounds.
- Duty leave for physical education activities will be granted only to athletes representing the College or the University in various matches, tournaments and sports activities.
- Students deputed to participate in matches, tournaments and sports events, should submit his/her leave application duly recommended by the Physical Director to the Head of the Departments (Main subject) for necessary action not later than one week after the event.
- The maximum period for which duty leave can be granted to a student for sports and athletic activities is limited to 10% of the total number of working days.
- The students who leave the College are advised to claim the refund of Caution Deposit at the earliest, as unclaimed Caution Deposits will otherwise be lapsed after a specific period.
- Those students who wish to discontinue their studies should intimate to whom so ever concerned at the end of a term or at any rate before the commencement of the succeeding term.
Dress and Behaviour
- Students of the institution are expected to conduct themselves in the best standards of etiquette within and outside the College.
- Soon after admission, every student will be given an identity card which should be produced on demand at any time.
- Students should maintain adequate silence in the college premises during class hours.
- After the first bell at the end of each working period, an interval of 5 minutes will be allowed during which all the students must re – assemble for the next class.
N.B:- The following rules of the Education Code are also applicable to the students of the college:
- Every student should be properly dressed.
- All students are expected to greet the teachers as part of general demeanour.
- As the teacher enters the classroom, the students should rise and remain standing till the teacher takes his seat.
- No student shall be allowed to leave the classroom without the permission of the teacher or until the class is dismissed.
- Students are forbidden to organize or attend any meeting in the College or to collect money for any purpose or to circulate any pamphlet without the express permission of the Principal.
- Any student, who is persistently insubordinate, who is repeatedly or willfully mischievous, who is guilty of fraudulent or malpractice in connection with examinations or who, in the opinion of the Principal, is likely to have an unwholesome influence on his fellow students shall be removed from the rolls. The removal shall be either temporary or permanent according to the gravity of the offence.
- Students are expected to keep the college campus clean and tidy by leaving the waste materials in the waste bins of the campus and abstain from disfiguring the walls by sticking notices or scribbling.
- The students are prohibited from spitting in open spaces or indulging in other similar uncivil acts.
- The students of this institution are responsible to protect and preserve the precious heritage buildings and not supposed to cause any kind of damages such as denting, destroying, removing, injuring, altering, defacing, or misusing all of which will be considered as serious punishable offence.