The University College Library functions as the General Library and Departmental Libraries. The General Library block has three floors. Ground floor is the OERC (Online Education Research Centre). First floor is the Stack Room and Computer Area. Second floor is the Reading Room and EDUSAT Centre. The College Library has a good collection of about 148000 books. The General Library subscribes 40 Periodicals and 11 Newspapers. The Library has a special collection of books for NET Exams on all subjects.
The Library provides:
- OPAC (Online Public Access Catalogue) for book search
- INTERNET browsing facility for Staff and Students
- NLIST e-resources (3000 +e-journals and 75000 + e-books) from the website www.nlist.inflibnet.ac.in.
- University College was one of the top 10 College users under NLIST Programme for the month November 2012.
The collection of World e Book Library (Academic & Research Database of e-books available within the Library).
- Previous University question papers for reference
- The Website of General Library, University College, Thiruvananthapuram ( www.unicollibrary.synthasite.com) provides a collection of free online digital resources.
- We can access Library Catalogue of five Colleges namely University College, Govt. College for Women, Govt. Arts College, Sanskrit College, and Govt. College Kariavattom from the Website of Cluster of Colleges www.thiruvananthapuramcluster.libsoft.org.
- The College Library consists of the General and Departmental Libraries.
- More than 11 News Papers and 40 Periodicals are available in the Reading Room.
- The library remains open from 9.30 AM to 4.30 PM. on all working days.
- Students are admitted in the Library and Reading Room on production of Identity Cards.
- Books taken out by staff / students shall not be retained for more than a fortnight (14) days from the date of issue.
- Failure to return a book on the due date makes the staff / student liable to a fine of Rs.1 per day.
- Borrowers are responsible for the loss or damage to books taken out on loan or for consultation by them. The marking of books in ink or with pencil, spoiling or injury to binding, underling of passages, writing of remarks, etc on the leaves of the books or on illustrations, tearing off pages, pictures, etc. will be held to be serious charges.
- Sub-Lending of books is not allowed.
- B.A/B.Sc students may use the Internet facility from the General Library on production of Identity Cards.
- All the Staff Members and Students may get their user ID and Password for accessing e-resources from the website: www.nlist.inflibnet.ac.in on submission of e-mail ID to the Librarian.
- Students must clear their dues before they receive their hall tickets for the University Examinations at the termination of their academic course or before they receive their Transfer Certificate, if they leave before the completion of their academic course.
- All books taken by the Teaching, Non-Teaching and Students are to be returned in time for Annual Stock Verification. All books are to be returned if a member of staff takes leave for more than a month / Transfer to another College.
- In all matters regarding the library the decision of the principal shall be final.
- Complaints and suggestions related to services from the Library shall be given in writing to the Principal.