The college has an alumni association whose meetings are mostly organized in the college campus itself. Many alumni participate including senior citizens. The meetings also discuss steps to be taken for the development of the College. These suggestions are conveyed to the College Council through the Principal. Besides, there are also department- wise alumni associations, of which the ones maintained by the Physics and Chemistry Departments are notable.
The University College Alumni Senior Citizen‟s Association (UCASA) is a registered body (Reg. No. T 4035/06)
The website of the association is www.universitycollegealumnisca.web.com
During the last two years the alumni association has participated in several developmental activities of the College. This included financial assistance to meritorious students and assistance towards the beautification of the college campus.
Details of the top ten alumni occupying prominent positions
The top ten alumni of the institution who hold prominent positions include:
- Dr. G. Madhavan Nair, President International Academics of Astronautics( Former Chairman, ISRO )
- Shri. T.P. Sreenivasan Ambassador, Indian Embassy, Washington D.C.
- Dr. P.K. Iyengar, Indian Nuclear Scientist
- Padmasree Thanu Padmanabhan Dean, IUCAA, Pune
- Shri. P.C. Chacko Member of Parliament, India
- Shri. Kris Gopalakrishnan, CEO, Infosys
- Shri. S.M. Vijayanand IAS Secretary to the Govt. of Kerala
- Shri. K. Jacob Punnoose IPS Director General of Police, Kerala State
- Shri. Shaji N. Karun Noted Film Director (National Awardee)
- Professor E. D Jemmis Director, ICER, Trivandrum
Details of the contribution of alumni to the growth and development of the institution.
Eminent alumni are invited by the various departments to share their experience for motivating students. Alumni contribute to the growth and development of the institution through generously supporting the various activities of the institution. Their contribution in the beautification of the Centenary auditorium is a case in point. Similarly alumni meets in the College also provides a platform for discussion of developmental issues of the institution.
The office bearers of the alumni association has close links with the college administration in giving suggestions for reforms and volunteering support for developmental activities.