Assistant Professor & Research Guide
Department of Chemistry
# +91 – 9495.271.732
- Ph.D from University of Kerala
- MSc Chemistry from University of Kerala
Area of interest (Research)
Area of interest (Teaching)
- Organic Chemistry
- Assistant Professor at University College Thiruvananthapuram (2013-till date)
- Assistant Professor at College of Engineering Trivandrum (2010-2013)
- Assistant Professor at Govt. Polytechnic college Attingal (2008-2010)
- Assistant Professor at Govt.College Attingal (2007-2008)
- B.Sc Class tutor
- Scholarship Nodal Officer, University College Thiruvananthapuram
- Science club convenor, University College Thiruvananthapuram
- Member, Academy of Chemistry Teachers
- Life Member, UCCAA (University College Chemistry Alumni Association)
- Executive Member, University College Chemistry Welfare Committee
- N.S.S. Programme Officer 2007-2008 at Govt. College Attingal
- INDIA-Patent Application No. 6879/CHE/2015 for SYNTHESIS OF A PROMISING PHARMACEUTICAL AGENT 3-([4-CHLORO-3(TRIFLUORO METHYL) PHENYL] AMINO)-5-HYDROXY-2-METHYL-1, 4-DIHYDRONAPTHALENE-1, 4-DIONE
Publications in journals
- Arunkumar Babu, Shiny P. Laila,* and Annette Fernandez, A Fluoro Derivative of Embelin, as Potent B-RAF Inhibitor in Melanoma, Anti-Cancer Agents, Medicinal Chemistry, 2021, 21, 1-9.
- B. Arunkumar , Annette Fernandez * Shiny P. Laila and Achuthsankar S. Nair, MOLECULAR DOCKING STUDY OF ACYCLOVIR AND ITS DERIVATIVES AS POTENT INHIBITORS IN NOVEL COVID-19, International Journal of Pharmaceutical science and research, I., IJPSR, 2020; Vol. 11(9): 4700-4705.
- Arunkumar B..Annette Fernandez, Shiny P. Laila, Achuthsankar S. Nair &V. S. Vishnu, Synthesis, characterization, molecular docking and anticancer studies of fluoroaniline derivatives of hydroxybenzoquinone and hydroxynaphthoquinone, Journal of Biomolecular and Dynamics, Pub Date : 14.12.2020, DOI: 10.1080/07391102.2020.1852116
- Archana P. Das1, Annette Fernandez*, B. Arunkumar , Shiny P. Laila, V.S. Vishnu and B.N.Bessy Raj, Synthesis, characterization, in silico and in vitro studies ofan amino derivative of embelin as potent anticancer agent against human breast cancer cell line MCF- 7 International Journal of Research and Reviews in Pharmacy and Applied Sciences, 7, 2017 ,1426-1437
- Kavitha, R.P.R., Annette, F. G., Shiny, P L., Arun Kumar B.Sreelekshmi C.S, Vishnu V.S Synthesis Spectral characterization, crystal structure.cytotoxicity and apoptosis-inducing activity of two derivatives of 2-hydroxy-1,4-naphthaquinone, Photodiagnosis and Photodynamic Therapy, 17,2017, 250-25.
- Archana, P.D., Annette, F., Arunkumar, B, Shiny, P.L., Embelin derivative as anticancer agent for breast cancer – in silico screening and docking studies, International Journal of Advanced Research Trends in Engineering and Technology, 2, 2016, 136-139.
- Arunkumar, B, Annette, F., Shiny, P.L.Vishnu, V.S., Bessy, R.N., In silico studies on some of the naturally occurring hydroxy-benzoquinones, naphthaquinones and anthraquinones as potent B-raf inhibitors, Journal of computational methods in molecular Dynamics, 5(4), 2015, 16 – 23.
- Kavitha, R.P.R., Annette, F., Annie, G., Remadevi, V.K., Sudarsanakumar, M.R., Shiny, P L., Arif, M., Synthesis, characterization, molecular structure and pharmacological studies of N'(1,4-naphtho-quinone-2yl)-isonicotinohydrazide, Spectrochimica Acta Part 1,135,2015, 1156 – 1161.
- Archana, P.D., Annette, F., Arunkumar, B., Shiny, P.L., In silico screening and molecular docking studies of embelin and its derivatives as potent anti cancer agents-A green chemistry approach, International Journal of Advanced Research Trends in Engineering and Technology, 5(6),632-637,2015.
- Shiny, P.L., Annette, F., Arun, K.B, Vishnu, V.S., Rema, D.K., Archana, P.D., Thomas, O., Synthesis, Single Crystal Study, in silico Analysis, in vitro Anti-inflammatory and Anticancer Activities of 7-hydroxy-14H-naphtho[2,3- a]phenothiazine-8,13-dione, Drug Delivery Letters, 5(2), 2015, 140-150.
- Shiny, P.L., Annette, F., Rema, D.V.K., Vishnu, V.S., Arun, K.B., Kavitha, R.P.K., Archana, P.D., Evaluation of In silico and In vitro pharmacological activities of 1,3,8- trihydroxyanthraquinone, IJRRPAS., 5(1), 2015, 1173-1188.
Presentations in Seminars/Workshop
- Shiny, P.L., Annette, F., Arun, K.B., Synthesis of 2,5-bis tosyloxy-3-undecyl-1,4- benzoquinone and its comparative studies of in silico and in vitro pharmacological activities with 2,5-dihydroxy-3-undecyl-1,4-benzoquinone, at 28th Kerala Science Congress. 28th – 30th, January-2016 (University of Calicut, Kerala).
- Shiny, P.L., Annette, F., Arun, K.B., Synthesis and anticancer study on aminothiophenol derivative of 1,4-dihydroxy-9,10-anthraquinone, National seminar on Chemistry in Cancer Research (CCR), 28th – 29th October -2015 (St. Albert’s College, Ernakulam, Kerala).
- Shiny, P.L., Annette, F., Arun, K.B., Single crystal study and in silico analysis of paratoluene sulphonyl derivative of 1,4,-dihydroxy anthraquinone isolated from cassia tora seeds, National Workshop on computational Chemistry from Theory to application- July, 29th – 31st-2015 (M.S.M. College Kayamkulam, Kerala).